Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Confessions of Guilt from Dan Graves - Installment #14

I am absolutely terrified of dentists. Which is odd, as I've only ever been to two dentists in my lifetime and they've both been absolute teddy bears. My oldest daughter goes to one now, and she actually counts how many sleeps are left. For me, it's always zero sleeps...if there's a dentist appointment looming I can't sleep, so they can't be counted. My little girl hops up in the chair, puts on the cool kid sunglasses (that's a thing now), and lets the dentist go to town. She's even had to have freezing and a filling due to an ill-timed bicycle maneuver which acquainted her of the less than forgiving properties of asphalt. Doesn't phase her. Now, I keep it all inside because I have to be tough and hold it together for my girls (by the time they read this I'm sure the cat will be out of the bag).

Most recently I ended up doing some light breathing exercises prior to the freezing, and burned a considerable amount of calories staying clenched and taught for the duration of the visit.

I'm sure in a few years, when I have to start having a certain regular yearly procedure done during my physical, the top spot in my most feared medical type personnel may change. For now though, dentists win.

No comments:

Post a Comment