Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Confessions of Guilt from Dan Graves - Installment #8

I ran into a wall once.  Full speed, on purpose.  A gentleman named Alan had given chase - I don't know why, but I definitely remember that I had been worthy of pursuit for some manner of pushing things just a bit too far.

I do that...it's kind of my thing.

Back to the chase...I was running down the hallway on the third floor of my high school when my survival instincts of "running in straight lines gets you killed" kicked in (this is true, reference any car vs person chase and/or 12 year old kid playing Modern Warfare online and they will attest).  I turned left, then saw another hallway, separate (but oddly parallel) from the one I'd just come down.  It looked as good of place as any, so I bolted in that direction.

For the rest of my high-school career I always regarded that mural (which really wasn't all that greatly painted) of a hallway with great disdain.

No comments:

Post a Comment