Tuesday, June 10, 2014

367 Days

I'm two days away from my 39th birthday.  That means I'm 367 days away from my 40's.

In every decade of my life, I've been thin and fit at some point - except my 30's.  While I'm not at my max from a weight perspective, I'm not far off.  I could stand to lose weight - a lot of it.

I feel that if I end up going into my 40's like this, then it's like I've accepted that this is the way that it's going to be; like I'm signalling that this is as good as it's going to get.

But I don't want that.  I want to live.  I want to not have fat surrounding my vital organs.  I want to look in the mirror on a Saturday morning and feel proud.  I want better, I want to fix it.

I've wanted to in the past though - it's not enough.  It's never been enough.  But the threat of my impending 40's is really pushing the matter for me.  I won't give up.

367 days to go.  I can stay like this or I can change.

No comments:

Post a Comment